Niagara Foundation is pleased to host our October Niagara Forum titled: “The Generation Gap: Are Millennials Losing their Religion?”. Our speakers will aim to answer the following questions and beyond:
1) Do you see a generational gap in your congregation?
2) What can be done to bring back the youth or be more inclusive in your religious service?
3) Can modern technology/social media be an aid or does it hinder?
4) Is youth ministry on the rise? And/or is it more of a prominent role in the religious practice?
5) How has youth ministry changed over the years?
6) Do younger religious leaders interpret religion differently, do you see a difference in how the message is being spread?
7) Do you see a generational gap in the workplace/leadership?
8) How much-if it has at all-does it coincide with gender?
9) Are today’s modern social movements creating a negative perception of religion, and pushing millennials away?
This will then be followed by a Q and A session.
*This panel was originally scheduled for September, but the date was postponed to respect the two Jewish Holidays of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur*
Please contact Rana regarding questions about this event.
When: Wednesday, October 11
Where:Niagara Foundation- Chicago
205 N Michigan Ave. St:4240
Chicago, IL 60601
Pastor Alex McElroy
Alex McElroy is an international speaker, teacher, author and blogger and the Pastor of Education at New Life Covenant Southeast Church, led by Pastor John F. Hannah. For over 10 years Alex has served in both youth and teaching ministries. Alex also trains hundreds of teachers and ministers so they are equipped to deliver lessons in Biblical study, purpose, leadership and Apologetics in order to maximize their effectiveness in and for the Kingdom of God. He is a firm believer that everyone is born on purpose with a purpose. He teaches people all over the world to find the purpose God has placed inside of them and to deliver it to the world.
Abdul-Malik Ryan, JD
Abdul-Malik is a DePaul graduate. He graduated from Georgetown University Law in 1998 and worked for 14 years as an attorney and guardian ad litem for children in the Cook County child protection system.
More speakers TBA..