| ART CONTEST for HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS:
The Niagara Foundation of Nebraska and Creighton University are hosting an art competition among the high scholl students.
The theme is : Intercultural Friendship
All artists awarded will receive an invitation to the Niagara Foundation of Nebraska Annual Interfaith Dialogue Banquet held at Joslyn Art Museum on October 20 . These artists may bring 2 guests. The art teachers of the
winning artists are also invited to attend the banquet.
Art will be judged according to 3 criteria:
1. Clarity of “Intercultural Friendship”message.
3. Quality of workmanship.
1. All art must be original work which symbolizes intercultural friendship.
2. All artists must be high school students in the Omaha metro area.
3. Artists may submit 1 piece of art.
4. Artwork may be displayed at the Interfaith Banquet on an easel. Any piece submitted must possess qualities
that permit such a display. Matting or framing is not necessary IF the artwork can stand on an easel.
5. All art submitted will be available for purchase. If it is not purchased, it will be returned to the artist’s school.
6. The artwork of the 1st place winner will become the property of the Niagara Foundation of Nebraska.
7. Artwork size must be no larger than 24″ x 36″.
8. A note must be securely taped to the back of the artwork which includes the artist’s full name, e-mail address, phone number, age, high school, art teacher, brief description of the art submitted and the desired purchasing price for the art.
9. All art must be submitted no later than October 1, 2010. Winners will be notified October 8.
10. Medium for artwork is the artist’s choice.
11. The top 5 pieces of art will be displayed at Joslyn Art Museum during the Peace Awards Dinner on Wednesday,
12. Top 25 art pieces will be displayed at the Artist’s Cooperative Gallery in the Old Market
13. Even if you don’t win, don’t be surprised if someone wants to buy your art.
to arrange for transportation of art to the Niagara Foundation of Nebraska offices.
Show the world YOUR art symbolizing tolerance and friendship.
Paint, photograph, draw, sculpt…whatever media works for you.
When your done with your art, e-mail us and tell us the name of your school so we can pick it up.
If you believe that world peace is possible, show it!
Ask your art teacher for details or simply go to
“Be so tolerant that your heart becomes wide like the ocean. Become inspired with faith and love of human beings. Let there be no troubled souls to whom you do not offer a hand, and be concerned about everyone.”
M. Fethullah Gulen
The views and opinions expressed on The Falls are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Niagara Foundation, its staff, other authors, members, partners, or sponsors.