As a former Turkey Trip participant, you are cordially invited to a reunion program. The program will start at 6:00 pm with dinner. Turkish food will be served. Former Senator Dennis Black will be the host of our event.
Niagara Foundation of Iowa, previously known as Iowa Dialog Center, is a non-profit organization established to serve societal peace, love, and friendship wisely and compassionately in support of human dignity and the common good by striving to bring forth the common values of humanity; values such as understanding, tolerance, respect, and compassion. Niagara Foundation’s mission is to foster fellowship and promote understanding of the diverse cultures in Iowa.
Please RSVP by Firday, January 30 so we may have an accurate count of participants
CK International Building
1201 Grand Avenue West Des Moines, IA 50265
Tuesday, February 24, 2015
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Phone : (312) 363 7797
Twins in Kitchen.
Here you will find recipes of the Turkish dishes.
The Sultan’s Kitchen: A Turkish Cookbook by Ozcan Ozan. Turkish Tea Presentation by Katharine Branning
YouTube video presentation by George and Ugur Clare on Turkish coffee and its importance in Turkish daily life
Women, Gender, and Society in Turkey by Dr. Marcia Hermansen
TURKEY IN PICTURES
FURTHER SUGGESTED READINGS
Turkish Politics, Democracy, Secularism
Turkish Foreign Policy
1. Lords of The Horizons, A History of The Ottoman Empire by Jason Goodwin
2. Crescent & Star, Turkey Between Two World by Stephen Kinzer
3. Osman’s Dream: The History of The Ottoman Empire by Caroline Finkel
4. New Turkish Republic: Turkey As a Pivotal State in the Muslim World by Graham Fuller
Hizmet (Gulen) Movement
1. The Gulen Movement: A Sociological Analysis of a Civic Movement Rooted in Moderate Islam by Helen Rose Ebaugh
1. Dialogue in Islam, by Ahmet Kurucan, Mustafa Kasim Erol, , Dialogue Society
2. The Faith Club: A Muslim, A Christian, A Jew—Three Women Search for Understanding by Ranya Idliby;
1. The Forty Rules of Love: A Novel of Rumi by Elif Shafak
2. My Name is Red by Orhan Pamuk, Nobel Prize for Literature 2006